I am home and will continue to be home. However, I feel it is my civic duty, or at least my duty to recap the week of Ireland that my parents were there for.
We are on Day 2. Or Day 3. I'd call it day 2 I think.
Whatever.
It's now Sunday and we have met in the city centre. We were going to meet at the donut shop, but my parents missed it and then I missed them but we found each other at about 10:30. My mother had bought these Dublin Pass things and they came with hop on/hop off bus capabilities for 3 days (as well as regular Dublin Bus capabilities). So we began the Dublin Bus hop on/hop off tour.
Our driver was named Greg and he was hilarious. He changed his name with each stop, he made hilariously awful puns and was generally entertaining. So instead of using the hop off aspect, we stayed on for one full tour of the city.
My dad was sitting by himself in the front of the bus (we were sitting across from him) and this enormous man came and sat next to him. With the fact that there were free seats around, I have no idea what possessed him to sit next to my dad. He also had this cane and it was weird. I don't know.
My mother and I laughed quite a bit. Probably more than we should've.
After taking a break from being on a bus, we all went to the delicious Centra for a sandwich. I taught my parents the way of the sandwich bar, especially from the Centra. They would toast it for you for free. Melted cheese is a motivator for pretty much anything.
So we hopped back on the bus and proceeded to get off at the Guinness Storehouse. We were going to wait until Monday, but there was no queue and so we got off. We went through and it was still quite cool. My dad liked it a lot and enjoyed his pint in the Gravity Bar. It does have one of the finest views of the whole city, and if I had any photos that I took, I'd show you. But I don't. There isn't even a photo of us in the Gravity Bar, which I do find lame. However, I only find it lame now that I'm home because I realize that it doesn't look like we were even there. Oh well.
Next time, right?
We spent a lot a lot a lot of time in the Guinness Storehouse, so we hopped back on the bus. We were going to do the Kilmainham Gaol, and then we didn't. Too little time. And the parents were still slightly tired from that whole jet-lag thing. So we met up with Lara at this Italian restaurant near the Jervis stop, and ate dinner.
Still delicious.
I helped the parents find their bus stop, since they could take the bus back to their hotel as compared to a cab.
I then went home and watched some more West Wing. And packed.
Day 3 is a tad more interesting. I think. It's hard to remember. But I'll tell you. Promise.
Now it's time to finish my episode of the West Wing, watch Studio 60 and stay up late? Maybe? I don't know. I have no job whatsoever. Lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment