I'm home right now and getting my West Wing on. But as I haven't updated since I've been in Ireland, we shall recap the parents trip to Dublin.
They got in last Saturday. The...12th? Sounds right. Anyway.
I tried to book a cab to get to the airport to meet them when they landed. However, the stupid people never called me to tell me the cab was downstairs. SO. I hopped a bus to the city center and then a cab to the airport.
And my parents had been there for like...45 minutes. Dude. I totally should've expected it. They took the same flight I did from Chicago and mine landed really early. And theirs did too. Dad was pretty tired and cranky. He's tall, as you know, and let's face it. Airplanes were never designed for people taller than my mother. Not that she's like, a midget or anything. But she's shorter than both my father and I, and it makes an 8 hour airplane ride slightly more comfortable for her than for us.
So I got them back to my place to drop their luggage and do some sightseeing. Which was rough because they were so tired. I led them around by their noses to do things. We ate at this fish and chips place in Temple Bar which was pretty good. I'd eaten there a few times before, and I figured the parents would want food food and not just a sandwich or something. I then took them around a little more, to places of little consequence, and then we took a river cruise down the River Liffey. It was pretty cool I thought because I'd never done anything like that before. It took us down to the Docklands area, which is being renovated in a big way.
After that (it was bout 2:30 or 3 at this point-I think my parents were seeing stars) we got on the Red hop on/hop off bus tour. Being as it was the multi lingual tour, we had headphones and stuff and we didn't hop off because the parents were pretty tired. I don't like the tours that use the headphones-I think they're less interesting and more impersonal. The other tours have live commentary and that can lead to hilarity. As we will see in Day 2 of the Parental Visit to Ireland. (which will be written about tomorrow methinks).
Our hop on/hop off tour took us until like...4 something? Maybe? I don't exactly remember. I got them onto the Dublin Bus that got me back to my place and we got their luggage. I helped them get a cab and sent them on their merry way at about...5 ish. Maybe slightly later by the time we got back to my place. But not much.
And that was Day 1 of the Parental Visit. Fairly uneventful, but it was to be expected. I remember how tired I was that first day and I think I did a reasonable job of keeping them awake until late-ish.
I watched some West Wing (because my mom brought it with her) and it was nice. I ate a pizza too.
Day 2-a sandwich, Guinness Storehouse and yet another hop on/hop off bus tour. as if you were shocked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment