I don't know if I can post any pictures of our impulsive London trip.
Let's go back. Way back. To like...last week.
(I keep being distracted by Mean Girls. I hate the fact that I like this movie. Bah. We shall try to get back to the point. I went to London)
Last week was pretty lame. Well, maybe not lame, but I honestly can't remember what I did. I went to class and I hung out with people and whatevs. But Friday was the turning point.
After film class Lara and I went to the computer lab. She booked her flight to Amsterdam (which is where she's going over review week with her friend Rhys) and I was hanging around.
(Seriously-this whole mean girls thing is killing me)
Anyway. She looks at me at one point and says "You can't go to London without me". And I was like "Um. Okay." And the next thing you know it's like "What are you doing this weekend?"
"Do you want to go to London?"
And of course, the answer was yes. So we booked a flight for that evening and accomodations and off we went. London calling.
So we got on the 8:50 flight and arrived in England at 10.
We then hailed a cab to get to our hotel. I think our cab driver took us for a ride because the fare ended up being 90 pounds. that's like....$180.
And that's the last we will ever talk about it.
So day 1 in London consisted of a lot. We went to the Globe theater after wandering around a bit and finding a really cool open air market thing. I will try to post pictures. After our tour of the Globe, we tried to walk across the Thames and see if we could find...something. I don't remember. But we found St. Pauls Cathedral so we went and saw that. I've got pictures of that too. I went and climbed like...200 (not exaggerating) stairs to get to the "Whispering Gallery" in the first part of the dome. If you whisper against the wall, you can hear it on the other side of the dome.
We then left the awesomeness that was St Pauls and went off in hunt of the Tower of London. It started to rain at that point, and we both got pretty cranky. But as soon as we decided to hail a cab, we saw a rainbow. Which then made us super giddy once again and then we saw a second rainbow. So the day was redeemed, and we once again were super happy with life. And our impulsive decision to go to London and not take Chris with us. Good choice.
The Tower of London was amazing. We took a bit of a guided tour from an awesome Beefeater and learned a lot. And here's the thing-I barely remember any of it. This trip was a whirlwind. But we did see the Crown Jewels (which are really quite something), the White Tower (the source of the armory), The Bloody Tower (where the 2 yourng princes "disappeared" way back when), and this awesome church thing where 7 people (anne boleyn, among others) were reburied by the decree of Quenn Victoria because they were the only ones whose remains could be identified. A ton of people were murdered in the Tower, and some were way worse than others. I can't remember who it was, but this one royal guy was executed and the executioner was a total drunk. So instead of being able to chop his head off normally, he missed because he was drunk. And he hit him right in the shoulders. And then after a few more missed chops, he took out his butcher knife, and sawed the head off. Oops.
After our crazy time at the Tower of AWESOME (London) we ate dinner and tried to go to the London Eye. Well, we failed then, and we walked and walked and walked. Because we weren't entirely sure where we were going. And the trains were under construction for the weekend, so we couldn't take a direct route back to where we were from. Wewalked forever and then we took a bus. And we found it. Our hotel, I mean.
And thus our first day was finished. It was a long and busy day. We were absolutely exhausted. We both were completely excited to be in London, and our exhaustive first day had come to a close.
Let's go back. Way back. To like...last week.
(I keep being distracted by Mean Girls. I hate the fact that I like this movie. Bah. We shall try to get back to the point. I went to London)
Last week was pretty lame. Well, maybe not lame, but I honestly can't remember what I did. I went to class and I hung out with people and whatevs. But Friday was the turning point.
After film class Lara and I went to the computer lab. She booked her flight to Amsterdam (which is where she's going over review week with her friend Rhys) and I was hanging around.
(Seriously-this whole mean girls thing is killing me)
Anyway. She looks at me at one point and says "You can't go to London without me". And I was like "Um. Okay." And the next thing you know it's like "What are you doing this weekend?"
"Do you want to go to London?"
And of course, the answer was yes. So we booked a flight for that evening and accomodations and off we went. London calling.
So we got on the 8:50 flight and arrived in England at 10.
We then hailed a cab to get to our hotel. I think our cab driver took us for a ride because the fare ended up being 90 pounds. that's like....$180.
And that's the last we will ever talk about it.
So day 1 in London consisted of a lot. We went to the Globe theater after wandering around a bit and finding a really cool open air market thing. I will try to post pictures. After our tour of the Globe, we tried to walk across the Thames and see if we could find...something. I don't remember. But we found St. Pauls Cathedral so we went and saw that. I've got pictures of that too. I went and climbed like...200 (not exaggerating) stairs to get to the "Whispering Gallery" in the first part of the dome. If you whisper against the wall, you can hear it on the other side of the dome.
We then left the awesomeness that was St Pauls and went off in hunt of the Tower of London. It started to rain at that point, and we both got pretty cranky. But as soon as we decided to hail a cab, we saw a rainbow. Which then made us super giddy once again and then we saw a second rainbow. So the day was redeemed, and we once again were super happy with life. And our impulsive decision to go to London and not take Chris with us. Good choice.
The Tower of London was amazing. We took a bit of a guided tour from an awesome Beefeater and learned a lot. And here's the thing-I barely remember any of it. This trip was a whirlwind. But we did see the Crown Jewels (which are really quite something), the White Tower (the source of the armory), The Bloody Tower (where the 2 yourng princes "disappeared" way back when), and this awesome church thing where 7 people (anne boleyn, among others) were reburied by the decree of Quenn Victoria because they were the only ones whose remains could be identified. A ton of people were murdered in the Tower, and some were way worse than others. I can't remember who it was, but this one royal guy was executed and the executioner was a total drunk. So instead of being able to chop his head off normally, he missed because he was drunk. And he hit him right in the shoulders. And then after a few more missed chops, he took out his butcher knife, and sawed the head off. Oops.
After our crazy time at the Tower of AWESOME (London) we ate dinner and tried to go to the London Eye. Well, we failed then, and we walked and walked and walked. Because we weren't entirely sure where we were going. And the trains were under construction for the weekend, so we couldn't take a direct route back to where we were from. Wewalked forever and then we took a bus. And we found it. Our hotel, I mean.
And thus our first day was finished. It was a long and busy day. We were absolutely exhausted. We both were completely excited to be in London, and our exhaustive first day had come to a close.
Day 2 will come tomorrow because I'm tired. I have no idea what pictures I posted. Ask if you want to know.
EDIT-so I posted like 9 of the same picture and I am taking this time to talk briefly about classes.
If only because I'm talking to my mom right now and it came to mind.
My art history classes are good, and interesting. Nothing good to write about though. Same goes for the film class and the Irish Cultural Studies. There is now this German girl in class who means well, but talks waaayyy too much. Even our teacher (whom we refer to as "marky mark" because his name is Mark) asks her to please not talk. It's really quite hilarious.
What I just want to take a moment about is my radio journalism class. We've been broken into groups to produce these 30 min shows. Kind of like a magazine-esque program. Lara is on my team as a co-presenter with Aude (belgian) and I am the sound operator because I felt like doing little to no work (why lie?). Francois (who is nice and Belgian as well) opted to be the producer.
And he sucks at it.
He doesn't talk to us, he doesn't work well in a group and he hasn't done any sort of "leading" or really much of anything. If we were in the real world the PD would've sacked him a long time ago and promoted Lara and myself for keeping the show from falling to the abyss known as "Awful".
So that's my complaint. He's nice-but isn't doing his job and says he has a "vision" to our teacher. And I get uncomfortable (as does Lara) when he pretends to speak with any sort of authority about pretty much anything ever.
So long story short-I should really just exercise the control that I long to do anyway right from the start. Being a control freak, I should've known this from the beginning. Oh well. The upside to not actually being the producer?
If the show sucks-it is so totally not my fault.
If the show sucks-it is so totally not my fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment