Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ha. You still don't get any pictures.

Why you ask? I know you're all waiting anxiously.
It's because I'm lazy. And I keep forgetting.

And because this past week my Irish teachers have been like "Hmm. You had two weeks off at Easter...WRITE ME PAPERS!"
Which I think is real annoying. Did I come to Ireland to like...do work?
Debatable. Highly highly debatable.

So. I didn't do anything this week. No. Last week. Let us go back-way back-to when I was about to go back to school...

So last Monday I blogged, and then after I blogged I found out about the VT thing. I don't have a whole lot to say. It's such a tragedy, and we all know it. I have to admit though, it's been interesting how it's been on Irish papers and the news and stuff. Like, front page news too. I get a lot of sympathy from the Irish, and it's interesting to me.

Tuesday was class, but Babs canceled our afternoon class which meant I didn't do anything. Like...all day. Well, I went to my 9 o clock class. But I honestly have a blackout from the hours of about...2-ish until...Wednesday. I may have gone and seen Sunshine again. But I can't be certain.

Wednesday was the art history class of whatever, where the teacher (Jerome) spends a lot of time not showing up, showing up late, and generally talking about whatever he wants to. I honestly have no idea what the class is supposed to be about. I have to write a paper for it, and it's not too long. However, it's the one class I'm concerned about a grade in. How can he evaluate me? Words will be had in the long run, because it's a touchy subject and being as I'm currently getting my JT on, I'm so not getting into it. I think he's a good teacher, but it's over the top rude how he treats his students with his shoddy attendance.
anyway

Thursday was my last radio class with the Irish kids. I'm going to get recordings of my shows so I can listen back to them (for learning, job and hilarity purposes).
(On another note-my ears have been popping like mad the past few days. No idea why)

Friday was class with Lara, we both did our little mini presentations of segments of film. AKA I made it up like whoa. Apparently I'm a genius, because our teacher was like "AMAZING. Now how does this film comment on art?" (I chose Girl With A Pearl Earring). My incredible skills at making things up as I go and bs-ing totally came in handy. Sigh. I've got a paper to write for that class too. And one for the art history class that I have on Mondays.
None of them could give out the assignment over Easter apparently. That would've been like...way too difficult.

On a different note-my parents are coming soon and I'm psyched. Mike P is also coming to visit-also psyched.

And the totally insane roommate is not back either. Meaning my life hasn't been too bad. However, I've got a ton of paperwriting to do, which I find totally lame. If only they'd've given o ut this work earlier, when I was like, "Sure...homework...I'll do it" instead of now when I'm like "Whatever...I want to go to Paris...are we done now?"

(and another thing (this whole thing will be in parenthesis because it'll be like i never admitted it then) i saw alpha dog today...and i...liked it. well, maybe those are strong words. but it was better than i thought it would be. and justin timberlake was surprisingly good in it. maybe...just maybe i cried. but don't tell anyone. because it's in parenthesis and that means it's like i just said it in passing, like a hypothetical situation or something. so we're cool.))

1 comment:

Emily said...

I like your parentheses theory.



That is all.


PS: Come home.